SSK #15: Grow revenue through group consulting programs!
Read time: 2 minutes.If you’re running a consulting business or a marketing agency, you know the fight for higher revenue never ends.
But here's a nugget of truth: scaling doesn’t have to mean longer hours or a bigger team.
The golden ticket? Group Programs.
Here’s why they rock:
- More Value, Less Time: Group programs let you serve more clients without clocking extra hours. It’s about amplifying the value you deliver without spreading yourself too thin.
Since I moved from working 1-1 to group programs, I still spend the same hour of my time, but instead of talking to one client I talk to 5 or 10.
- Community Building: Group programs aren’t just about learning from you. They’re a hotspot for peer interactions, where like-minded folks share experiences and grow together. You’re creating a thriving community, not just offering a service.
I know you might be thinking "my audience wouldn't want to work in a group setting" - I heard this so many times, yet we were able to transform tens of businesses from working 1-1 to working 1-many. Moving to a group setting might mean you need to change the way you deliver your service. But it also means you scale your business 5x faster than before. A benefit worth the hustle, if you ask me.
- Leveraging Scalability: Once your group program is rolling, scaling becomes a breeze. The structure is there, just add more members to the mix. More members, more revenue, and your quality doesn’t take a hit.
Scaling a 1-1 consulting or marketing agency business means that you need to add more working hours and more staff to deliver the service. Not a case when you scale group consulting. Adding a 6th person to an already existing call and structure means you're adding $5000/mo (or whatever the fee is) in revenue without adding ANY additional work or staff.
- Passive Income Potential: Record your sessions, build a resource library, and boom! Your group program evolves into a passive income source. You just created an evergreen, self-paced program that sells in your sleep. Today’s effort pays off tomorrow (and many tomorrows after.)
- Affordability Attracts: Group programs hit that sweet spot of value and affordability. Not every business can afford one-on-one consulting, but a group program? That’s a win-win for you and your clients.
If you play this right in your sales process, you will be able to down-sell your group program by anchoring your leads at a higher-cost 1-1 and bespoke work. If you pitch them $10k for you 1-1 service and then offer a $5k or $3k group consulting, it feels like a steal to them. It truly works like a charm
p.s are we connected on LinkedIn or Twitter?
...and whenever you're ready, here are a few ways I can help you. If you're still trying to figure things out, I'd recommend starting with an affordable course:
1. The World Domination Strategy Game: a comprehensive tool for online entrepreneurs designed to simplify the process of creating a business strategy. A distillation of the best coaching exercises derived from working with over 800 online entrepreneurs. It provides clear, step-by-step instructions across 14 modules, supplemented with 20+ videos, exercises, files, and templates. The game can be used individually or with a team. The users are given access to additional resources like 40 pages of instructions, assignments, techniques, motivation.
2. The Marketing Agency Scaling Roadmap:Introducing: the 9 CRUCIAL categories and 27 power activities you need to focus on at each stage of growth: $5k-$25k/mo -> $25k-$50k/mo -> $50k-$100k+/mo. 5 Modules. 4 hours of ACTIONABLE content. Milk, honey, butterflies and rainbows and so much more...
3. LinkedIn Prospecting: In this training, I'm giving you the nuts and bolts of what it takes to make LinkedIn prospecting a success. I'm peeling back the curtain to show you exactly how I utilize it, while also sharing my personal insights and experiences from leveraging LinkedIn to secure leads and clients.
Build and scale your online business.
Join hundreds of successful online business owners. Every week you'll get 1 actionable tip to build and scale your online business. No weird hacks or gimmicks. I'm sharing actionable and practical knowledge and tips you can implement today to see the results.