SSK #12: I've read 20 books about time management so you don't have to. Here's the one strategy that stands out: Eisenhower's Matrix.
Read time: 2 minutes.
Stop Over-Planning and Start Achieving with Eisenhower's Matrix
We all fall into the trap sometimes – we over-plan and under-execute. We stack our plates high with more tasks than we can chew.
And what's the result?
We feel overwhelmed and unhappy with our performance.
Well, here's the simple solution you need: focus on what really matters, the stuff that moves the needle.
Why You Shouldn't Overdo Your To-Do List
Let's face it, we all want to be superheroes, but cramming your day with a zillion tasks isn't the way to do it.
Most of the time, it's impossible to tackle more than 3 big tasks in a day.
Trying to do more just sets you up for disappointment.
The Wisdom of Eisenhower
Ever heard of the Eisenhower's Matrix? It's a strategy coined by Dwight D. Eisenhower, who once said,
“I have two kinds of problems: the urgent and the important. The urgent are not important, and the important are never urgent.”
This wisdom helps us focus on what really matters.
Using Eisenhower's Matrix
Once you jot down your tasks, it's time to pop them into the matrix.
Here's where the magic happens:
1. DO: These are the essential tasks, like launching a product, creating content, or working with clients.
2. DECIDE: Some things can wait, like planning workouts or getting a certification. Schedule them for later.
3. DELEGATE: Don't hesitate to hand off tasks like reviewing information, scheduling meetings, or research. Leverage a personal assistant, a virtual assistant, or even AI.
4. DELETE: If it doesn't matter, chuck it. Like spending time reviewing “cool” features of a tool you don't even need.
This 4D formula – DO, DECIDE, DELETE, DELEGATE – is your new roadmap to success.
The Eisenhower's Matrix isn't just a fancy tool; it's a lifeline for anyone drowning in their to-do list. By focusing on the right tasks and letting go of the unnecessary ones, you can boost productivity.
p.s are we connected on LinkedIn or Twitter?
...and whenever you're ready, here are a few ways I can help you. If you're still trying to figure things out, I'd recommend starting with an affordable course:
1. The World Domination Strategy Game: a comprehensive tool for online entrepreneurs designed to simplify the process of creating a business strategy. A distillation of the best coaching exercises derived from working with over 800 online entrepreneurs. It provides clear, step-by-step instructions across 14 modules, supplemented with 20+ videos, exercises, files, and templates. The game can be used individually or with a team. The users are given access to additional resources like 40 pages of instructions, assignments, techniques, motivation.
2. The Marketing Agency Scaling Roadmap:Introducing: the 9 CRUCIAL categories and 27 power activities you need to focus on at each stage of growth: $5k-$25k/mo -> $25k-$50k/mo -> $50k-$100k+/mo. 5 Modules. 4 hours of ACTIONABLE content. Milk, honey, butterflies and rainbows and so much more...
3. LinkedIn Prospecting: In this training, I'm giving you the nuts and bolts of what it takes to make LinkedIn prospecting a success. I'm peeling back the curtain to show you exactly how I utilize it, while also sharing my personal insights and experiences from leveraging LinkedIn to secure leads and clients.
Build and scale your online business.
Join hundreds of successful online business owners. Every week you'll get 1 actionable tip to build and scale your online business. No weird hacks or gimmicks. I'm sharing actionable and practical knowledge and tips you can implement today to see the results.